Welcome to Student Loans of North Dakota!
Student Loans of North Dakota was established in 1982 to guarantee student loans under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program. Recent federal legislation eliminates our involvement with this program. Effective July 1, 2010, SLND no longer guarantees federal student loans.
We continue to serve borrowers in our current loan guarantee portfolio, as well as maintain our efforts to collect on defaulted loans. We also continue to guarantee all alternative loans made by Bank of North Dakota under its Dakota Education Alternative Loan (DEAL) program.
We are proud of our dedication to the students, families and schools we’ve served over the years. Our traditional responsibility of insuring student loans against death, disability and default expanded exponentially over the years to include:
- promoting college access for all students,
- distributing loan information to educate borrowers,
- preventing student loan defaults for all borrowers,
- providing training and support services to industry partners,
- supporting community outreach activities,
- educating students on financial literacy,
- and much more.
We will work with the Department of Education to determine ways in which we may be involved in such future efforts.